Be your Breast Friend

Ladies, breast health is extremely important. I am 35 years old and have had 2 cysts already ( one went away quickly, the other is small but remains ) I recently had a breast ultrasound done - and thankfully the results were nothing to be concerned about. I happened to find this cyst while lying in bed, and gently massaging my pectoral muscles.

I had been practising a lot of handstands and my chest muscles were sore. Low and behold, on the outer part of my left breast was a pea sized bump. Lets all get in the habit of performing regular breast exams! Even if its just once a week at night, while you lie in bed for a few minutes like I did.

Below I have posted a link that includes simple instructions to perform an exam, from the breastcancer.org website:

http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/testing/types/self_exam/bse_steps


That being said, I breathed a big sigh of relief when my doctor finally called me, and decided to start really living life fully. Perhaps this was a little wake up call to change things.
Stop being so afraid of everything, start being more forgiving, let shit go, live more in the moment.

Recently inspired by a long time friend of mine ( since grade 4 ) who went sky diving after a bad breakup, and escaping with her cat and her life - just barely - from the Fort McMurray fires in Alberta; I have decided to embark on a fun journey of activities that are outside my comfort zone.

While I may not jump out of a plane ( though I haven't completely ruled it out - eeek ) I am committing to doing something once a week, for myself, to overcome some of the fear I realise has been holding me back for so long.

Stay tuned as I will post about these mini adventures of the soul!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga and Meniere's Disease

One person's beauty, is not the absence of your own!

Lessons on Rejection