Be your Breast Friend

Ladies, breast health is extremely important. I am 35 years old and have had 2 cysts already ( one went away quickly, the other is small but remains ) I recently had a breast ultrasound done - and thankfully the results were nothing to be concerned about. I happened to find this cyst while lying in bed, and gently massaging my pectoral muscles.

I had been practising a lot of handstands and my chest muscles were sore. Low and behold, on the outer part of my left breast was a pea sized bump. Lets all get in the habit of performing regular breast exams! Even if its just once a week at night, while you lie in bed for a few minutes like I did.

Below I have posted a link that includes simple instructions to perform an exam, from the breastcancer.org website:

http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/testing/types/self_exam/bse_steps


That being said, I breathed a big sigh of relief when my doctor finally called me, and decided to start really living life fully. Perhaps this was a little wake up call to change things.
Stop being so afraid of everything, start being more forgiving, let shit go, live more in the moment.

Recently inspired by a long time friend of mine ( since grade 4 ) who went sky diving after a bad breakup, and escaping with her cat and her life - just barely - from the Fort McMurray fires in Alberta; I have decided to embark on a fun journey of activities that are outside my comfort zone.

While I may not jump out of a plane ( though I haven't completely ruled it out - eeek ) I am committing to doing something once a week, for myself, to overcome some of the fear I realise has been holding me back for so long.

Stay tuned as I will post about these mini adventures of the soul!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons on Rejection

5 Yogi's To Follow on Instagram

Yoga and Meniere's Disease